The Company was launched in 1948 by William Fitton, a coach painter by trade, who in the 1920’s became the first person on the North West to use cellulose based paint products.
In August 1966 the Company became a limited company with four directors. In 1971 William's son, Bryan Fitton assumed control, and established the premises here at Cottenham Lane, which is within half a mile of Manchester City Centre.
We are still a family run business today, and many of our employees have been with the Company since leaving school and are still with us some 30 years later.
In 2008 Motor Body Services (Salford) Ltd celebrated it's 60th anniversary.
The Company, primarily an accident repair centre, has always moved with the times and has recently been accredited with Thatcham BSI Kitemark.
MBS (Salford) Ltd also has a well established Salvage Operation which is situated on a 4 acre site. Many makes and models of Category C & D vehicles are available for sale. We also have many second hand parts for sale.
Finally MBS are also a licensed Authorised Treatment Facility approved with the DVLA to dispose of scrap vehicles in an environmentally friendly way.